How To Apply For National Pension Scheme Online, NPS Apply Online
National Pension Scheme (NPS) is a pension fund scheme regulated by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA). All Indian citizens are eligible for a pension account under National Pension Scheme through eNPS. Here we will tell you how to apply for National Pension Scheme online:
Aadhaar is important requirement to open NPS account. KYC for NPS is done using Aadhaar through One Time Password (OTP) authentication using your mobile number registered with Aadhaar. The demographic details and photo are automatically taken from Aadhaar database.
Option 1: Registration using Aadhaar
1. Visit the NPS official website - https://enps.nsdl.com/eNPS/NationalPensionSystem.html# and click on the Register tab
2. An 'Online Subscriber Registration' form opens. You must fill in all the details and click on the Generate OTP tab.
3. An OTP will be sent to your mobile number registered with Aadhaar. Enter the OTP.
4. Your details and photo will be automatically displayed in the online form after validation. You can upload your scanned signature and photograph, if you don't want the picture from Aadhaar database.
5. When you Submit/upload the form, you will be redirected to a payment gateway for the first contribution to your NPS account. The minimum amount you can pay in your NPS account is Rs 500, which you can pay either by debit/credit card or Internet banking.
6. After payment to NPS account, a Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN) will be provided to you. Then after some days, you will receive a welcome kit from the PFRDA which will have a PRAN card, IPIN, TPIN and scheme details on the permanent address.
7. You can take a print or download the NPS online form you just filled, affix your photograph on it and sign in the given space. You must sent NPS form to the Central Recordkeeping Agency.
Should you Invest in NPS?
Option 2: Registration using PAN
1. Visit the NPS website - https://enps.nsdl.com and click on the Register tab
2. An "Online Subscriber Registration" form will pop up. You need to fill the form and in the "Choose appropriate options" table, select the Permanent Account Number (PAN) button.
3. Then enter your PAN number, select your bank and click on Contine
4. You must fill up all the mandatory details online and upload your scanned photograph and signature (the file should be in *.jpeg/*.jpg format and should be between 4kb - 12kb size)
5. After submission, you will be redirected to a payment gateway for payment to your NPS account from Internet Banking. Download or take a print out of the Acknowledgement Number.
6. As KYC verification will be done by the Bank, a onetime fee of up to a maximum of Rs 125 (plus applicable taxes) will be debited from your Bank account by the Bank as KYC authentication charges.
If you are an NRI subscriber
1. If you are an NRI subscriber, select Non Resident of India (NRI) button given under "Choose appropriate options" tab in the "Online Subscriber Registration" form.
2. You can select Non-Repatriable account and enter your Passport Number, select country of residence. Then enter Aadhaar Number to generate OTP or You may choose Repatriable account and select your bank, country of resident; enter passport number and Aadhaar number to generate OTP.
3. If you select Repatriable account option, your KYC verification will be done by the Bank. A onetime fee of up to a maximum of Rs. 125 (plus applicable taxes) will be debited from your Bank account by the Bank as KYC authentication charges.
4.Select the preferred address for communication i.e., Overseas Address or Permanent Address (communication at overseas address would amount to extra charges)
5. After Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN) is allotted, you can use one of the following options:
Option 1: eSign
For Tier I PRANs generated through Aadhaar, you have option to eSign the document by using:
1. Select 'eSign' option in the eSign / Print & Courier page
2. OTP will be sent to your mobile number registered with the Aadhaar
3. After validation of Aadhaar, Registration form will be successfully eSigned
4. Once a document is eSigned, you need not send the physical copy of form to CRA
5. eSign charges are Rs 5 plus service tax
Option 2: Print and Courier
1. Select 'Print & Courier' option in the eSign / Print & Courier page
2. Take a printout of the form, paste your photograph (please do not sign across the photograph) & affix signature
3.Sign in the space provided for signature
4. Please note that the photograph must not be stapled or clipped to the form
5. The form must be sent within 90 days from the date of allotment of PRAN to CRA at the following address or else the PRAN will be 'frozen' temporarily
Send documents at:
Central Recordkeeping Agency (eNPS)
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
1st Floor, Times Tower,
Kamala Mills Compound, Senapati Bapat Marg,
Lower Parel, Mumbai - 400 013