How to Link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account?
As per Government of India directive, all citizens with bank accounts must link them to their Aadhaar card. Some of the subsidy schemes require Aadhar number to be linked to bank account so that the subsidy passes directly to to customer account.
Millions of people are customers of State Bank of India(SBI). Now SBI customers must link Aadhaar with SBI bank account till the deadline of 31st December 2017 as failing to do so would make your bank accounts getting unoperational.
Read here for How to Link Aadhaar with ICICI Bank Account
How to link Aadhaar with HDFC Bank account.
Aadhaar Seeding or SBI Aadhaar Link
SBI has made it quite easy to link Aadhaar to SBI Bank Account by following any of these ways:
Link Aadhaar with SBI Account Online
- SBI customers who have availed SBI internet banking facility can log onto www.onlinesbi.com and access the link "Link your Aadhaar number" under "My Accounts", on the left panel of the screen.
- A new screen opens up where you need to select the Account number, enter Aadhaar number and click on Submit.
- Last 2 digits of registered mobile number will be displayed to the customer.
- Customer would be advised on his/her registered mobile number and follow the subsequent steps.
Link Aadhar with SBI ATM
- A Customer can access any of SBI ATMs where one can enter and link Aadhaar to SBI Bank account.
- Swipe your SBI ATM card, enter your PIN, Select the menu "Service – Registrations"
- Then select Aadhaar Registration (or Inquiry as per your need)
- Select the Account type (Savings/Checking) after which you will be asked to enter your Aadhaar number. Re-enter the Aadhar Number.
- Success message appears for Aadhaar Link to SBI Account.
SBI Aadhar link through SMS
If a Customer's mobile number is registered with the Bank, then you can easily link Aadhaar with SBI Account through SMS.
- Send SMS to 567676 in the following format UID(space)Aadhaar number(space)Account number
- If mobile number is not registered or in case the Aadhaar is already linked to Account, an SMS will be sent on your mobile.
- If your mobile number is registered with SBI, an SMS confirmation will be sent for Aadhaar SBI Link seeding request.
- SBI will verify Aadhaar number with UIDAI. If it fails verification, SMS will be sent to Customer to contact any SBI branch along with Aadhaar number or e-aadhaar.
SBI Aadhaar Linking through SBI Branch or Offline
- Visit any SBI branch with a copy of your Aadhaar number or e-aadhaar.
- A Letter of Request will be needed from customer along with the Xerox copy of Aadhaar letter.
- After verification is over, the linking will be done by the branch. An SMS will be sent to customer's registered mobile number for the status of Aadhaar seeding.