How to Download ITR-V Acknowledgement Receipt?
Income Tax Return - Verification (ITR-V) is a single page document which has a complete summary of your income tax return and is needed to be submitted at the time of e-filing of your Income Tax Return (ITR). If you neet to get a copy of ITR-V, first file Income Tax Return online without using a digital signature. After e-filing your return, ITR-V is sent to your email ID to verify the validity of your e-filing which does not have a digital signature by the Income Tax Department. The below mentioned steps tells how to download ITR V receipt online.
Steps to download ITR-V from the Income Tax website:
- Visit the official Income Tax website - https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- Login Income Tax website with your PAN No., Date of Birth and Password.
- After successfully logging in, you can see two options in the Dashboard, One is Filling of Income Tax Return and the other is View Returns/ Forms.
- Click on "View Returns/ Forms" to see e-filed tax returns.
- Select an Option and then Assessment Year and click submit.
- Click on the Acknowledgement link to download your ITR-V.
- Under "Downloads/Status Description" (from the popup window that comes up), click on ITR-V/Acknowledgement and ITR/Form to download the PDF files.
- You need to select the option "Click here to view your returns pending for e-verification" if you want to e-verify your income tax return.
- Or, download ITR-V/Acknowledgement slip. After you have downloaded the document, enter password in the pdf file to open the document. The password is your PAN number in lower letters along with your date of birth.
- If you have E-verified, you do not need to send this acknowledgement to CPC, Bengaluru otherwise print, sign and send this document to CPC Bangalore within 120 days from the date of e-filing. Address of CPC Bangalore - Post Bag No.1, Electronic City Post Office, Bengaluru, Karnataka, PIN 560100