How to Confirm Aadhar Card link with PAN Card @ incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
Government has made it mandatory for all taxpayers in India to link his/her PAN card with Aadhaar while e-filing income tax return. Here's how you can link Aadhaar with PAN and the steps for how to confirm and verify if PAN and Aadhar are linked or you can know the aadhar link to pan card status.
Before initiating the steps for linking your Aadhaar with PAN, you need to first register yourself on the income tax e-filing portal - incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
As per the revised Income Tax Act in the Finance Bill 2017-18 by finance minister Arun Jaitley, the Government of India has made it mandatory for everyone who is paying taxes to link their Aadhaar number with PAN card while e-filing income tax return. This has been done to check tax evasion via use of multiple PAN cards.
Steps for Linking your Aadhaar with PAN:
1. Keep your Aadhar and PAN card near you for immediate entry on the efilling website.
2. Visit the Income Tax e-Filing portal - incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and register (if you haven’t done before). Log in to Income tax website with your Pan(ID), password, and date of birth if you are already registered.
3. After you are logged in successfully, visit ‘Profile Settings’ menu and click on ‘Link Aadhar’ link at the bottom.
4. A page to link Aadhaar opens up.
5. Enter your PAN Number, Aadhaar Number, Name as per Aadhaar and check on the option if you have only year of birth mentioned on your Aadhaar Card. Verify the captcha and click ‘Link Aadhaar’ button. Visually challenged users can use the OTP method instead of Captcha option. They can Request OTP and enter their mobile number.
6.If successfully PAN linked to Aadhaar, a message will be displayed for Link Aadhaar Success - "Aadhaar-PAN linking is completed successfully".
Steps to Check if PAN is linked to Aadhar:
1. Visit the official website of the Income Tax Department - incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
2. Log in Income tax website and enter your credentials – user ID, password, date of birth and captcha.
3. Under ‘Profile Settings’ select ‘Link Aadhaar’.
4. If your PAN Aadhaar linked successfully, then you will be displayed the message - "Your PAN is linked to Aadhaar Number ************ ".
It is suggested to file income tax return online on time. Do not wait for the last date. File income tax return 2017-18.