How to Link PAN Card with Aadhar Card
link PAN Card to Aadhaar card number for filing Income Tax returns. Now it is compulsory for quoting Aadhaar number while applying for a new Permanent Account Number (PAN) card. Aadhaar Card is already linked with various financial transactions and all bank accounts are being linked to Aadhaar number. The I-T department had built a mobile app for paying taxes and tracking of refunds. The Govt. is planning to issue PAN Cards on real time basis using Aadhaar biometric.
This is a major move by the Govt. to link Aadhaar to a bank account and to make it necessary for filing Income Tax returns. From now onwards, all PAN cards that are not linked to Aadhaar card will be cancelled. To promote digital India, Govt. is bringing more transparency for the financial transactions by linking Aadhaar to bank accounts, Income Tax returns and PAN cards.
The process is underway to link all bank accounts to Aadhaar numbers. From April 1 onwards, Aadhaar IDs will be necessary for opening an Employee Provident Fund account that helps you collate a pension. Now the question arises that how to link aadhar card to pan card or how to link pan card to aadhar card? If you have already linked pan card to aadhar card, it is good and if you have still not linked pan card to aadhar, you must do it as now it is high time to do so because of the Govt. making it mandatory to file income tax return 2017-18. The day is not far when aadhar would be made mandatory and linked to your ration card, LPG connections, PAN card, Voter ID, Passport etc.
Read here for How to file Income Tax Return Online in India
Aadhar card is a very important document an individual has. It's importance can be judged from the fact that biometric identity is used in the aadhar and that can't be duplicated. Thus, any PAN Card that is not linked to Adhar card will automatically become inactive and thus would be cancelled. While paying income tax, you do not have to send you ITR V acknowledgement to Bengaluru if your aadhaar number is linked to your PAN Card.
If you are in a doubt why you should link Aadhar card with PAN, then think no more as there are many benefits of linking Aadhar with PAN.
Importance of Linking PAN Card with Aadhaar Card
Following are some of the advantages to link PAN Card with Aadhar Card:
- When PAN Card is linked to Aadhar Number, all taxable transactions can be kept under the Govt. scrutiny and monitoring and people who used to evade tax before would not be able to do so now.
- As it has been found that some persons or entities have multiple PAN cards to avoid paying taxes, so this problem will also be gone when PAN link with Aadhar
- Government can easily link and track the identity of any firm or individual via Aadhar card Number
- It helps to file your income tax returns quickly.
- When Aadhar card is linked with PAN card, there is no need to submit Income tax acknowledgement to Income Tax head office, Bengaluru
- Government is also planning to link Aadhar card with passport too.
So, these are a few benefits when PAN Card link to Aadhar Card.
Now we will tell you How to link PAN Card with aadhaar Card, these are step by step instructions to link PAN Card to aadhaar Card.
How to Link PAN Card with Aadhaar Card
Step by step instructions to link PAN card with Aadhaar card Number:
- Visit the Income Tax India e-filling portal website incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and register if not done so.
- Log in to e-filling portal with your Login Id, Password and Date of Birth
- After login in at the Income tax official website, a popup window will prompt you to link Aadhar with PAN
- If you can't see the popup window, then you need to go to profile settings and search for the main menu and click on the link "aadhaar linked to PAN"
- Enter your aadhaar number in the given field but check your name, gender, date of birth and other details that if they are correct or not as displayed in your PAN Card.
- You must verify these credentials displayed on the screen with those as mentioned on your Aadhaar card.
- If the details are correct, enter your Aadhaar card number in the given space and click on the “link now” button.
- A pop-up window will be displayed informing of Aadhaar card successfully linked to your PAN card.
Check here for Aadhaar Link to PAN Card Status
Not Able to Link PAN Card to Aadhar?
What if you are not able to link PAN to Aadhar card or just the details do not match because of a spelling mistake, for this you need to submit a valid proof and get your details corrected. Only after this, you can again try to associate or link PAN to Aadhar.
How to generate Electronic Verification Code (EVC) through Income Tax website?
These are the steps you need to take to generate EVC via the income tax website:
Log in to e-filling portal with your Login Id, Password and Date of Birth
After login in at the Income tax official website, click on a link that says "e-file"
Under e-file link, click on the link ‘Generate EVC’
An EVC would be generated
You would receive the generated EVC on your registered phone number via an SMS or via an email. The EVC generated would be valid for a period of 72 hours since it is generated.