File Income Tax Return Online in India, Income Tax Return Last Date 2017Here, we will tell you How to file Income Tax Return Online in India. Income tax return filing date for 2017-18 is up till 31st July 2017
Who has to file Income Tax Return?
Every person whose Gross total income exceeds the taxable limit must file Income-tax Return.
Who has to e-file Income Tax Return?
- Individuals & HUF having total income exceeding Rs. 5 Lakhs or claiming any refund in the return (excluding individuals of the age of 80 years or more who are furnishing return in Form No. ITR-1 or ITR-2).
- Individuals & HUF, being a resident other than not ordinarily resident, having any foreign asset/income or claiming any foreign tax relief.
- Persons filing ITR in Form No. 3, 4, 5 or 7. (Check https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in for details of mandatory category of persons required to e-file or call 1800-4250-0025 for efilling related queries)
How to e-file Income Tax Return?
- Log on to https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- Check Tax Credit from 26 AS Statement
- Follow simple steps to fill and upload return
- Validate your e-filed return after opting for Electronic Verification Code (EVC) through -
- Net Banking
- Aadhar -One Time Password
Read here for How to Link PAN Card with Aadhar Card
- ATM of a Bank
- Validation of Bank Account
- Validation of Demat Account
- Registered e-mail ID and mobile number with e-filing portal where Total Income is less than Rs. 5 Lakh & no refund is claimed.
5. If EVC is not opted for, print ITR-V, sign it and send it to Income Tax Department-CPC, Post Box No.1, Electronic City Post Office, Bengaluru-560100, Karnataka to complete the process
What are the benefits of E-verification by using EVC?
- No need to send signed copy of ITR-V to CPC, Bengaluru
- Fully electronic process
- Enables department to initiate processing of return earlier.
When to file Income Tax Return?
Persons whose accounts are not liable for audit must file their Income-tax Return on or before 31.07.2017
Important: Pay your Self-Assessment Tax with interest before filling your return.