Passport Application India, Online Passport Application India
Welcome user, you are planning to get a passport online in India? Then this is the correct page you have reached. Here we are going to give you a procedure on how you can get a passport.from the Passport Seva website online.
The Consular, Passport and Visa (CPV) Division under the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India provides passport services through Central Passport Organization (CPO) and its network of Passport Offices; Passport Seva Kendras (PSKs); Passport Seva Laghu Kendras (PSLKs) and Consular, Visa and Passport services to overseas Indians/Foreign nationals via the Indian Missions and Posts abroad.
You can apply for a Normal Passport which takes 30-50 days or a Tatkaal passport which can just take a week's time. The passport fees for Tatkaal is usually higher than the fees for Normal Passport.
Do you want the passport booklet to be 36 or 60 pages? A normal 36 pages passport booklet cost less than the 60 pages passport booklet. If you are a frequent flyer, you could ask for 60 pages passport booklet otherwise a 36 pages booklet is sufficient for you. Other than your personal information, the blank pages are used for different countries stamps while travelling.
Step by Step procedure for Obtaining Passport online or Applying for Passport in India:
The basic documents required for getting a passport online in India are the Adhaar Card, Voter Id Card, Pan Card etc. as a form of Address Proof and Date of Birth proof. A Birth Certificate could also be required.
Some basic steps to apply for online passport application india:
1. Register on www.passportindia.gov.in.
2. Then choose apply for fresh passport/re-issue of passport.
3. After filling out the passport application form on the passport sewa government website, you need to pay online the passsport fees and schedule and appointment to your nearest Passport Seva Kendra.
4. Make sure you have taken a printout of the Application Receipt as without that, you will not be able to enter PSK or the Passport Seva Kendra office.
5. Reach the Passport Seva Kendra office or PSK on time where your photograph and biometrics will be taken. PSK authorities would grant decision in your presence.
6. Wait for the Passport to reach your home via the Speed Post. You can also know the online passport application status or the passport status by visiting the www.passportindia.gov.in official website.